Senior hood, a new chapter, that brings with it both strengths and challenges. With age, needing a helping hand is not just common, but a safer and highly recommended practice. The body does not have the same agility and strength it used to, sometimes increasing seniors’ dependences on family members to help them move about. Walkers, canes, crutches, wheelchairs, there are various devices designed to be great mobility aids.
Electric WheelchairsFor seniors who need long-term help, wheelchairs are a great investment. It helps them move around easily, without losing their independence. Many seniors opt for wheelchairs as it makes it easier for them to move around without relying on others for help.
With the massive innovation in the Healthtech space, wheelchairs have gone electric too. These reduce the effort involved and simplify mobility. To make the most out of this investment, you must clearly evaluate all the important parameters and pick the one that’s most suitable for your needs.
What are the factors you must keep in mind while buying an electric wheelchair? Let’s take a look: Like many other medical equipment, wheelchairs come in various types and support different needs. They are not a one-size-fits-all product and should be customized to suit a senior’s specific needs, to ensure better comfort and ease of movement.
● Checking your body shape and weight is an important first step. There are many types of wheelchairs and one of the main criteria to pick the right one is to check the width and weight capacity. This helps ensure it is best suited for the senior’s body type and their needs.
● Additionally, getting measurements of the wheelchair also helps understand if it can move around inside the house freely, and if it will be easy to move past doorways into rooms and the height convenient for seniors to move to the bed.
● The speed of the wheelchair also plays a role as it is one of the primary reasons for purchasing one is to help elders move around with ease. Based on the primary usage plan, one can opt for the right drive system. Picking the right option between the front, middle, and rear-wheel drive will help serve your purpose of speed, the terrain that needs to be traversed, and the turning radius.
● These wheelchairs are a long-term investment, and an integral factor is comfort. Seniors must find them easy to use and comfortable to sit on and maneuver. Backrests, cushions, and padding make a significant difference and help enhance comfort levels.
● Added features like the ability to fold or adjust the shape improve purpose-based usability and storage.
Electric wheelchairs are a hefty investment, and one must consider all factors before finalizing. Antara’s Med care products offers a comprehensive portfolio of clinical-preferred and physician-recommended, high quality medical equipment.
Among the wide range of products, Antara’s mobility accessories include different types of basic and electric wheelchairs, Rollator cum Wheelchairs, walkers, and more. Antara Med care products extends the additional benefit of easy purchase or rental options, and same-day doorstep delivery of products. To explore the product range, take a look at this brochure or book a product demo here.